best s939 oc'ing mobo....

Status
Not open for further replies.
from what i hear the dfi lanparty boards are great overclockers with the opterons atleast idk about other skt939 processors

alot of ppl seem disgruntled wiht this board... i mean some may get bad boards but is dfi going down?

DFI's are really nice boards, I'm running one right now. It booted up first try and installed everything without a hitch. The main reason people have problems with DFI boards is because the boards are picky with what parts you throw in them. Particularly the power supply and ram. They used to make a non SLI version of that board for around 105.00, not sure if it's still in production or not. If you're going DFI just make sure you head over to DFI street and check out all their recommended sections for the parts you should get.

I have a ASUS A8N-E (single pci-e slot) and it overclocks very well. At the time I got it I heard the DFI was the best, but at the time it was like $40 more.

I've had my AMD64 1.8ghz up to 2.6ghz and run it normally at 2.35 to 2.5ghz.

ok yeah im going to look into dfi street and i like asus used there stuff b4.. im thinking about going sli tho for ugradeabliity... now for the time being could i run 1 ati card if i have one? ore will it not work in the one of the sli slots.. i know you can run 1 nvidia card in an pcie w/o sli but will an ati work? ahh i was blabberin... question will i be able to run one ati card in one of the pcie slots?

Running one here as well. Sweet, sweet board.

You might want to check out the Lanparty Ultra, which is the non-SLI version using the NF4 Ultra chipset.

They do make a sli version of the ASUS A8N but if its not much of a price difference or you don't care about price then go with the DFI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom