New build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mandingo

In Runtime
I am going to be building 2 new computers for gaming. Is it a wise idea to go with the AM2 now instead of the 939? How long will it be before 939 is outties?

Will there be any difference in perfrormance between building a 939 machine and a AM2 machine? I mean as far as I know, the only real difference is that the AM2 supports DDR2 ram. What sort of performance increase wold it be between DDR and DDR2 ram also?

I am upgrading from...

Mobo - MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum (939)
H.D. - Seagate 7200 80gb
Ram - 2 x 512 mb Corsair VS
CPU - 3000+ venice
Gpu - Evga 6600 gt
PSU - Antec truepower

I am new to AM2, Im still in socket 754 and 939 world. Is everything turning into SLI now? Can you run a SLI mobo with 1 graphics card? What ram is most supportive on the AM2 mobo's (800, 667, 533)? What video cards and chipsets are in style? I guess it would be easier just to ask - Can someone help out with a new build?

ddr2 is dual chanel ram and its something you'd rather have than not 939 is definately not as good as am2 becuase as i said you can have an am3 processor when they come out, just go for am2 is just plain better

Yes you can have an sli mobo without 2 video cards, 667 is best ram for am2 and the 8800 gtx is latest and greatest video card

Can you suggest a low-mid range AMD AM2 Mobo and processor for me around a $200.00 price range give or take $50.00? I don't know what northbridge is good on the AM2's or what trusted mobo manufacturer for the Am2. I am just going to be using this machine for playing WoW and Everquest 2.

look at my sig, great CPU and Mobo, and i can guide you through both. The Biostar TForce 550 and X2 3800+ are an awesome combo and they are around 210 total. cant beat that.

Go for the nearest asus mobo that fits your budget, asus makes the best mobos out to date, they are number one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom