Vista vs. xp home edition sp2

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmdFanboy

Banned
I wanted to know the differences between vista and windows xp home edition sp2.

I wanted to know if its worth getting vista? Are there problems with vista? I have alot of issues with windows xp home edition sp2.

I spent $400 on 2 copies of windows xp home edition sp2.

$200 for a copy of Home Edition SP2???

First question before getting Vista; Do you want to try it now, or wait until a Service Pack comes out, like me? And does your computer have enough juice to handle Vista? Its requirements are quite steep.

oh trust me its got plenty of juice man. Its an Am2 2gb ddr2, amd athlong 64 x2 4200+, 300gb hard drive I think thats enough said.

What will the service pack do? Can't you update to get a service pack after you get windows vista? I bought the retail copies of windows xp home.

I do have 3 computers and just found out its cheaper for a 3 pack of windows vista. I was wondering if its worth buying vista for all my computers?

Athlong? Lol.

I just don't trust Vista right now. They might have a few bugs they're fixing, and what's the rush? Wait a little while so it's stable!

Your PC can definitely handle Vista.

A Service Pack fixes the bugs. Thats why you own Service Pack 2 of Windows XP...

Buy Vista for all three computers if you really need it, and if they can handle Vista. The requirements are 1Ghz P3, 512MB RAM, and DX9 Graphics Card.

yeah all my 3 computers can handle it just got to sell xp then if i go with vista.

I think i might sell the 2 computers since there not as good as mine and upgrade to AM2 then. If i do that i am putting vista on all my dual core computers then. I just don't know what i am going to do.

I am going to a tech school next year since the high school i am at now sucks. Too many threats and junk and all you learn is junk. So i have to earn alot of money before next year so i can fix up my car and get my permit and all that crap.

personally, i like xp home and professional alot better. im very familiar with it and i like all the functionality. Vista is all eye candy and a bunch of new programs that arent good for **** right now cuz they will be too buggy.....wait a while for the service packs to come out for vista before even thinking about buying it.
and yea, your system can handle it just fine.

vista better for games? All i see is that vista has parental controls, windows defender, and is supposeably easer to find stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom