new computer with startup and rebooting problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

th4i

Beta member
I am new to building computers and I recently bought a brand new custom built computer
here are the components

Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe WiFi Edition - nForce 590 SLI (Athlon64/X2/FX/Sempron) PCI-E Socket AM2
Seasonic s12 600W Power Supply
Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB - SATA 2Gb/s Hard Drive
Antec Lifestyle SOLO case
AMD Anthlon54 X2 5200+ (2.6 GHz) Dual core scoket AM2 processor
LG GSA-h22n 18x DVD writer
EVGA e-Geforce 8800 GTS 640MV PCI-E
OCZ Platinum XTC OCZ2P8001GK 1.0GB PC2-6400 DDR Kit

I had this built at a local computer shop and when I first brought it home it worked for a couple of hours and when I installed some program and was required to restart, I restarted and when it was going to start up it start freezing and my screen became black saying no video signal and restarts over all over automaticly. I returned it to the shop twice and they said it was software problems but I dont believe it, all of these programs work perfectly well with my other computers. Any clues what caused this to happen?

check ur cmos and video card setup, it could be as simple as ur cmos not detecting the right video card location.

im using windows xp home ed sp2 and im basic progams that work with all my other computers such as microsoft office, avg anti virus, msn and yahoo messengers, printer software, i've check the websites for the requirement for using the software and my computer surpasses its requirements

There giving you a bull sh*t story. Tell them to get it right or your going to better business.

Yeah i know its brand new and i havn't used the computer more than 5 hours and i am starting to suspect that they are giving me open boxed stuff or switching my components with some cheaper stuff so im checking out the serial numbers and stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom