Windows XP prof temp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megabit

Baseband Member
I just formatted my harddisk and installed Windows XP prof. But now I can't install Java and SP1 because I don't have enough space. My hd is al like this:

Disk 1:
C:\ [31mb] (for Bootmanager)
D:\ [2.95gb free] (here is Windows installed on)
E:\ [46gb free] [games]

Disk2:
F:\ [60gb free] (Downloads)

I think that the problem is that Windows wants to store the files on c:\. But before I formatted I didn't have this problem. There are also no temp directory's on c:\. Only d:\ (in Documents and settings and in Windows). Does anyone know what I can do about this?

copy in discs all the programs and games and redo the parttition and leave space for virtual memory programs and everything you can think
i will say you'll need at least 8 gb
even for defragmentation it needs space at least 15%
why did you try to narrow the space so much?
you got to have space for programs (word,exel ect...)

jaun1477 if you look at his setup again you can see that he actually has 3GB free where he installed winXP. the problem he has is that windows by default uses the drive letter C: which in his case is actually a boot manager probably so he can dual boot.

Megabit I would delete C: & D: and remake them. install windows only to drive C: than install your boot manager to drive D:. Does it let you choose a different drive to install SP1 or JAVA? i assumed not

But before I formatted I had XP home, the same partitions but no problems. I had to make the small partition for bootmagic because that has to be a logical partition (not across the 1024cylinder or something).

megabit try using norton ghost's GDISK to make the boot manager partition hidden. windows will not be able to see drive C: and ignore it. I've never use boot manager before. I have no idea how that program works so I can't offer a real solution to your problem. if it is hidden the boot manager may still work, just windows will not try to access it to store files

Sorry for my late reaction, but I solved the problem by partitionating my whole harddisk and delete the small partition. Thanx for you're reactions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom