opening up computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

fudgeout

Beta member
i think that i have to open up my computer but i'm not entirely sure how since each individual comp differs. i have a IBM IntelliStation PIII. does anyone know how to open this particular comp? also, for some reason it will not turn on even when plugged in. would the internal battery be a possible cause for this and need changing?

You should be able to unscrew ttwo or three screws on side panel. Probably the left side when your looking at the the computer.
As for the not turning on sounds like the power supply. Make sure and lay your hand on the metal case so you get the static outy of your body or you could short some components.

A lot of older computers, around when the P3's were popular, opened after you moved two little clip-looking thingies upward and yanked off the left side-panel of the case. You might try that. When in doubt, unscrew everything and pull. carefully. lol. But yea it def sounds like a burnt psu. does the little green (or orange) light come on when its plugged in?

i see 2 screws in the back of the computer (on the left side when i am directly facing the front of the pc). i also see a keyhole underneath that. would that be what u r referring to? see no clip-looking thingies.

i specified that it was an IBM IntelliStation PIII. while models are different, wouldn't this particular type have the same way of opening up as all of the others? if so, would anyone know?

the light doesn't go on at all and nothing happens when pressing power button.

also, prior to this i was experiencing os problems which some had attributed to changing the CMOS battery. anyone know if the 2 could be related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom