Need help finding a good AGP Video card ><!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fayt19 said:
yes of course. But you think a 7600GT and another GB of ram is better then a 7950GT?

I plan on playing Battlefield, WoW, CS, and Unreal Tournament Series like 2142
I would really lean towards getting PCI-E and a 7950 GT. the 7950 GT will be significantly better.

well the 7600GT is a PCI express too. But yeah a 7950GT sounds like a good buy. I just dont know if its worth getting it over a 7600GT and 1GB of Ram. Anyone else have an opinion?

The 7950 is far better than a 7600gt. The thing is though, out of the games you listed only battlefield 2142 would take advantage of it. But BF2142 would also take advantage of the 2gb of ram. I would say either way would be good but the 7950 would be overall better for newer games.

I have a XFX 7600GT runs pretty much every game on high never had problems with it i love it. I would go with more ram and the 7600GT.

Everything looks fine, except for the powersupply.

When buying a powersupply you dont nessesarily just look for raw voltage, you look more at how much 12v amps it has... voltage doesnt matter as much, 500w should be more than enough. (if you get a good brand)

Look at this one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817153028

You can get something cheaper if you want, im just sayin you get WAY more for the buck with the thermaltake one i suggested

Btw that computer that you listed above will rock the **** outa WoW.. :D

you know...that was accually a question of mine. The video card recommends a 12v of 28 amps. I cant find anywhere on ANY power suppy that says 12v of 28 amps = \.

the only thing i see is +3.3V@30A, +5V@28A, +12V1@14A, +12V2@15A, -12V@0.3A, +5VSB@2A and if my guess is right then the +12V1 and +12V2 are @ 14 and 15A which im guessing is amps. Is that addes together? or are they running at 14 and 15 amps which to my knowledge is a lot less then 28 ><

Edit: this PSU also says

Over power protection:

+5V output 7.0 Vmax
+3.3V output 4.5 Vmax
+12V output 15. 6 Vmax

Ps. That PSU says it does NOT have a PCIE Connector...isnt that needed?

ReEdit: I just found this in the comment from Newegg on that PSU.

Cons: Amperage on the 12v rail is not enough for some of the high-end video cards. I was trying to run my 512MB eVGA GeForce 7950 KO and system was constantly rebooting. Went to other store and got 630W PSU - fixed the problem. Although it's my fault. Would pay more attention to such details. RMA'ed back to NewEgg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom