Only Direct X10 cards for Vista Games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
suicide007 said:
wtf? Nvidia is meh? Either your dad works for ATI, or you are just trying to annoy the heck out of us. If he wants to screw over his build with the ati card, let him.

I'm not trying to get on anyone's case. And your the one making accusations. I'm just not that big of a fan of NVIDIA. I cosistently looked at the benchmarks of their cards, and I just don't see the need to get a DX10 card yet, or a one of their older cards.

buy a cheap card now. buy the ati r600 when it comes out. if you want to buy a product-r600-made by a company-ati- you like more than nvidia, then f***-in buy it. its your money and your decision. some of us can help you, others can hose on you for being a fanboy or wtf ever. look at my sig. i stick up for amd (using valid benchmarks and tests, btw), not bash intel, and still get it all the time.
i love it when i get "fanboyed" by some @$$hat with a P.O.S...
lol buy whatever you want, but if you are not impressed with the 8800, you are best off to wait for the ati card and see what they produce. i.e. no need to spend so much on a dx9 card right now.

let him get what he wants he is obviously an ati fanboy

the 8800gts pwns the 1950xtx AT THE SAME PRICE

so fi your going to shell out that cash your an idiot not to get the gts
now if you wanted to go ati when dx10 comes out either wait for the r600, or get a cheap 1950pro
why anyone would get an x1950xtx when there is a nvidia card the kicks its *** for the same price is beyond me
i honestly dont think this guy knows what he is talking about

nagasama said:
buy a cheap card now. buy the ati r600 when it comes out. if you want to buy a product-r600-made by a company-ati- you like more than nvidia, then f***-in buy it. its your money and your decision. some of us can help you, others can hose on you for being a fanboy or wtf ever. look at my sig. i stick up for amd (using valid benchmarks and tests, btw), not bash intel, and still get it all the time.
i love it when i get "fanboyed" by some @$$hat with a P.O.S...
lol buy whatever you want, but if you are not impressed with the 8800, you are best off to wait for the ati card and see what they produce. i.e. no need to spend so much on a dx9 card right now.

Someone actually makes some sense around here. Thanks for your input. I think your the only one who hasn't *****ed at me for getting a DX10 card. **** Nvidia. I'll just do what I want. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 8800 doesn't even have VISTA drivers yet, does it? Mmm, oh well.

fade2black2004 said:
let him get what he wants he is obviously an ati fanboy

the 8800gts pwns the 1950xtx AT THE SAME PRICE

so fi your going to shell out that cash your an idiot not to get the gts
now if you wanted to go ati when dx10 comes out either wait for the r600, or get a cheap 1950pro
why anyone would get an x1950xtx when there is a nvidia card the kicks its *** for the same price is beyond me
i honestly dont think this guy knows what he is talking about

goldstar.jpg

There's a gold star for being such a helpfull member,We need more member's like you if we really want this place to be a success :rolleyes:

lol hey shumway to hijack real quick someone was talking about an asrock mobo that uses ddr ram for c2d in another post, i think in high performance section. you came to mind i know you love asrock.
to original poster, yeah i don't know anything about vista. but if i dislike it as much as i disliked xp when it first came out, i think i'll wait. just what i need is another resource hog from my buddies at microsoft.
but i do agree with whoever said earlier to get a cheaper ati card, maybe x1900pro or x1950pro if you need one RIGHT NOW.
i love my 7900gs, but to each his own. i am definitely waiting for the new ati card before i upgrade my rig to dx10.

Brandinho said:
Someone actually makes some sense around here. Thanks for your input. I think your the only one who hasn't *****ed at me for getting a DX10 card. **** Nvidia. I'll just do what I want. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 8800 doesn't even have VISTA drivers yet, does it? Mmm, oh well.

considerring vista isnt out yet why would it matter??
and you already stated you werent going to go vista for a while so why the **** owuld it matter?

Brandinho said:
Well, it looks like the case I want can only fit cards in that are 8" or less, and from what the representative at Cyber Power said, the 8000 series is longer than 8", so it won't fit. However, I asked him about the card that I want, the ATI X1950XTX, which he said was 5". So it looks like I'm going with the ATI, which I don't mind, as it is an awesome card. Plus, I'm going to see what ATI's next series is for DX10 and if they will be small enough for my case.

also the guy at cyber power is full of it and he doesnt know hwat he is talking about
if you put a 8800gts and a 1950xtx beside eachother you can berley see the diffrence in size, they are practically the same size

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom