New PC ~Hardware or Software Error?~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sameo

Beta member
I just got my new computer together, it seems to work good (ecs nforce 570 slit-a , Core2Duo e6600 , XFX 7600 gt xxx , 2 gigs ddr2 5400 (667) Corsair...

I haven't installed any games yet so i figured hey, i'll install the 3dsmark06 trial... first two tests go, but upon opening the third it crashes and says IDirect3DDevice9::present failed: Device Lost (D3DERR_DEVICELOST)

Is this a 3dsmark error or an error on my behalf somewhere???

I do have the current drivers for my graphics card and DX9

Also, i looked around in the dxdiagnostics and did 'test direct3d' (I don't even know if this has anything to do with it) pressed enter to start the tests but it kept stopping and saying something like "You pressed a key and aborted the procedure" even though my hands were nowhere near the keyboard or mouse....

Anyway, is this a problem i should be worried about?? Have i not 'done something i should have for my 'dual core cpu?' (if thats even irrelevant itself)

I googled my problem and found someone with the same problem for '03, '05 versions, and Steams HL2 episode 1. However, the 'fixes' didn't seem to work or did not apply for my issue.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,
Sam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom