Video card problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eclipse7

In Runtime
evga nVidea 7900 GT KO
1gig ram
Asus Motherboard, P4 540 3.2 ghz processor.

Its having problems playing World of Warcraft.... Seeing colored artifacts of random colors, shooting across the screen and words and sections of the screen flickering on and off. So the pc is also freezing and i'll have to manually restart the PC by holding the on/off button.

We'll see connected lines, and skins from trees and characters, from a distance looking "Attached" to other players and myself. We've seen a gray box in the top right corner take over our screen also, no Blue screen of death, just video problems in game's.

The pc has been getting worse slowly over time, getting worse and worse by the day. It used to freeze rarely, then more often, now pushing 2-4 time's a day.

Figured we might start with a reformat and go from there?

if ur video card is overclocked then downclock it. try testing a different card on that thing just to seee if its video cards for sure.

u can also try updating ur video card driver to see if it makes any changes but from wat u said sounds like a failing Video card

BTW make sure it seated correctly and not sticking out abit

sylwek said:
if ur video card is overclocked then downclock it. try testing a different card on that thing just to seee if its video cards for sure.

u can also try updating ur video card driver to see if it makes any changes but from wat u said sounds like a failing Video card

BTW make sure it seated correctly and not sticking out abit

sorry for the late responce, but i have not overclocked it, i checked for newer drivers just a couple hours ago. and it looks positioned right, think i will just have to send it to EVGA for a new one.

it prolly knows that wow is not worth its time and has chosen not to try. lol do you have this problem with any other games

an51r said:
it prolly knows that wow is not worth its time and has chosen not to try. lol do you have this problem with any other games

/slap

ATM i am not playing any other games >.>
will have to check.

I've been having the same problems. This is the first time i've finally found someone with similar issues. I took a short video of one of my problems.

Here it is.

It can get worse than that and better. Usually worse with time. I downloaded a program called ATITool that stops a lot of it ... For awhile. But with time it gets worse no matter what. All drivers are up to date.

I'm starting to think it may not be my graphics card as I have a different one than you. ATI X1900XTX.

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 2046MB RAM
Card name: Radeon X1900 Series

What kind of monitor are you using, if I may ask?

I may of had similar problems with games like r6v aoe3 fifa07 and farcry, i put a huge fan next to my open comp then i saw the temp dropped to 8C less than what it originally was, then my problems were gone!!!

what im saying is if you have a high powered video card and you stress it it will OVERHEAT and audio crackling and flickering on the screen will occur.

try cooling your video card down!!!

IceKoldKilla said:
I may of had similar problems with games like r6v aoe3 fifa07 and farcry, i put a huge fan next to my open comp then i saw the temp dropped to 8C less than what it originally was, then my problems were gone!!!

what im saying is if you have a high powered video card and you stress it it will OVERHEAT and audio crackling and flickering on the screen will occur.

try cooling your video card down!!!

i actually do the exact same thing, i have my case open with a desk fan pointing at it. and my system runs at about 43 while playing wow, last time i looked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom