Video Card Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing, thanks for the articles guys. It's definitely worth waiting for! ... well if the final price tag comes out around $300.

Also, "R600 is currently scheduled to launch at Cebit 2007 in late Q1'07."... Wow, ATI is really behind nVidia. That, or they're hoping their X1950's can hold their ground versus the GeForce 8's.

As far as x1950xtx vs. G80:

anandtech obilivion benchmark

I would say the 8800gts 320mb version will be slightly better then the x1950xtx considering how well the 8800gts 640mb version holds up against the x1950xtx. But it is dx10 ready, so you will have a little more future proof. But a lot of ppl still say its too early to go dx10 since....well there won't be too many dx10 games coming out for a while ( i know supreme commander will support dx10).

So in the end its your call. Get the dx10 card now and don't have to get one later (like probably a year till dx10 starts to look really nice with newer games), or get the x1950xtx and probably end up selling it later for a dx10 card at the most a year from now (im just guessing but that seems about right considering technology and newer games and well you know....the technology world....you can't seem to keep up with it :p)

thanks for all the input guys ill prob go with the 1950 because by the time vista gets its bugs out and dx10 gets going it will be a year or so and there will be more cards out and at lower prices.

i believe another post around here .. supreme commander is dc 9 ... ... not 100 percent but ... im aoubt 98.7656789% sure

King X13 said:
thanks for all the input guys ill prob go with the 1950 because by the time vista gets its bugs out and dx10 gets going it will be a year or so and there will be more cards out and at lower prices.

I agree. Buying an 8800GTS/GTX because of its DirectX 10 support is a bad idea; the only reason to buy one is for its great performance, and that's if you want to spend $400+ on a video card.

Theyoyokid303 said:
i believe another post around here .. supreme commander is dc 9 ... ... not 100 percent but ... im aoubt 98.7656789% sure

Oh no....games won't just start to jump to dx10. They will have to have dx9 versions since a lot of ppl still have dx9 cards and xp, and they probably don't want to lose that market.

But one of the videos from the developers of supreme commander annouced that it will have dx10 support, but it probably will have a dx9 mode/version (what ever they decide on i guess) for the ppl who still have dx9 cards or xp.

I'm kind of glad that I just an X1900XTX 512MB.....It has great drivers and kicks butt on all games right now.

By the time Direct X 10 really arrives, there will be 2nd generation cards, at least I really believe this card should do me for 1 year.

I have had no trouble from any game with this card.

well i just bought the sapphire 1950 xt i dont know how it compares to the 1900xtx but it should handly my games.

I gotta say I really disagree with you guys in terms of the geforce 8 and the x1950. I think once the Ati R600 comes out, within the next few months ( they say late Q1 ) , the geforce 8 price will drop a bit. Since the geforce 8 is so much more powerful then the x1950 ( a single GTX beats 2 x1950s in crossfire mode! for god sake! ) and its DX 10 capable, it just makes it a much better value to get a geforce 8 once the R600 comes out. If you dish out the money for a x1950, and then sell it a year from now to get another card, you will take a considerable money loss.

If you absolutely need a card right now, I guess its a debate between geforce 7/radeon x1950.

well i dont what so ever disagree with the fact that the G80's are the best out. but i bought the XFX 7900GS and i got a defective one, pretty bad at that. so i need a new card quick so that i can send back my RMA after i revice the new one. A considerable money loss would be spending the 500 bucks on a G80 and then watching the price drop and/or watching new and better cards come out to compete and all prices leveling out the the 300-350 mark because of competition. so spending 200 on great card now and then spending 300 on a card that used to cost 500, well then i now have 2 cards for the price of 1. and i put put it in my other system that has my old x600. plus i build system regularly so i can throw it in there and make my difference.

What some are also forgetting is that there is a difference in 20fps to 100 fps, but visual there is no difference a human can see from 100fps - 175fps+ which the G80's can do. so if the game is going to look the same at 100fps as it does at 175 then there is no point in 175 and spending 500-600 bucks to get fps that you will never see. its only for bragging rights as far as i can see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom