How to get the BEST possible performance out of my computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ephexx793

In Runtime
Hey guys, I just wanna know how I can get the MOST out of my system..

I love gaming, I play mainly Battlefield 2 ATM, and it runs pretty good, but I want to know how to get the most out of my system, if I am not already....
I am not so sure I'm gonna OC atm, because I don't want to buy a new fan for it, and I don't have the money for a fan...

Basic specs: My system is a Dell XPS 410, the only thing I upgraded was the processor (before buying), to an E6400 from an E6300..
I have an Intel Dual Core processor, E6400, 2.14 GHz.
I have an nVidia 7300 LE TurboCache, I know they suck, but it came with the computer, so I'm using it for now and I will buy a 7900 GS later...

Here are the Full specs...

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 1/27/2007, 16:24:27
Machine name: D680NCC1
Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp.050622-1524)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Dell DXP061
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 2.0.5
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 1022MB RAM
Page File: 610MB used, 1844MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce 7300 LE
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_01D1&SUBSYS_04051028&REV_A1
Display Memory: 512.0 MB
Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (75Hz)
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.9147 (English)
DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
Driver Date/Size: 8/11/2006 21:42:52, 4496128 bytes
WHQL Logo'd: Yes
WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
VDD: n/a
Mini VDD: nv4_mini.sys

I'm just curious but how much did you pay for your system? You could overclock your video card if you wanted to, if you even can with a Dell system.

yeah you can OC video cards. that doesnt depend on the mobo like the cpu does. ok dude first thing. 90% of thta is useless information. we dont need to know what you sound or video capture devices are. we are concerned about your cpu, ram, mobo, and video card.

your cpu is fine. you might want to get another gig of ram, and your video card sucks.

Lol...
I am completely aware, as i noted in my post, my video card sucks, and I just posted the DxDiag and that stuff does matter -.-

I agree SOME of that stuff doesn't matter, but I just posted it all so I wouldn't get 200 obvious questions like "video card?" "Video Card drivers?"

and I payed $1K on this system..

Can I OC my Video Card without buying any new equipment?

Yes you can oc it without buying new equipment. Download coolbits and you can oc it. I paid 1100 for the system in my sig.. Should have built your own..

yeah.. I know..

So tell me more about OC'ing my Video Card, I don't want it to burn out on me or anything....

Do you have the nVidia control panel so you can check your video card temps? And you won't really notice a difference if you oc that card...

Does that video card even have a fan? Trust me, you'll still be running games at low settings even if you do get away with an OC. I say get a Sapphire x1950PRO if your on a budget for $190. The Catalyst center allows to overclock your card.

I am gonna get a nVidia 7900 GS, for 100 bucks from newegg...

and Yes, I have an nvidia CPanel, and it does have a temp setting thing, alarming me when my card gets too hot..

I play BF2 on low settings as it is..

Would my other nVidia 6200 OC card be better than this? It was in my old computer, I had bought it to play bf2 then i was actually given a hand-me-down PC from my sister who got a laptop from college, but that celeron 2.4 GHz sucked a nut, and couldn't play bf2... Hence why I bought my new system..

So anything I can do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom