Thermaltake's new PSUs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

augest

In Runtime
Was checking out Thermaltakes website about there two new Toughpower unit's, The 1,000 Watt an 1,200 Watt. Both sayin they will support up to three ("high end") video card's.

I have a 750 an 600 watt PSU from Thermaltake, That I do love alot, They haven't given me any problem's to date. But I'm needing more power.
The biggest one Newegg is selling is the 850 Toughpower. But I'm thinking bout more as well, after seeing these two new model's, Just Newegg hasn't got them in yet! :( I love the Modular cable! It take's down some of the mess.

But my question is, Do you think this would power three high end cards?
An no I'm going to run 3 yet, Just I'd like the head room. The 1,200 watt seem's to be over kill, But the 1,000 seem's to be a nice investment for upgrades an addon's.

I'm wondering on the price too, Since Newegg hasn't got any yet. I'd rather get the 1,000 Watt then the 850. :confused:

Your ideas on it?

I think a 850 would be ok. But in a year I'm shure it wouldn't be uncommon to see a rig with 3 GPU's. An who know's what all eles!
I just got two WD 150 GB Raptor's, An I'm not shure if that's going to be enough room for me.
One of my other computer's has a 750 GB hard drive, An them take a good deal of power alone. An the Tarabit (I think?) wont to be far off.
Plus 4 big neon red fan's, Etc etc. You really can run up the power fast an then with upgrades as they come. I just don't wanna waste money on small power supply's again that I max out in just a few month's cause something else come's out that need's more power.
I'm happy with these 8800's, But what bout the R600??? They say it'll need 250 Watt's alone! You do some crossfire system there you'll be hitting 500 Watt's just in GPU!

Do you believe this thing will carry 3 - 8800's along with a big power draw from the pc itself?

when it says 500 watts for the gpu it means the whole system
check out trieclipse sticky in the general discussion forum and you will see

augest said:
Was checking out Thermaltakes website about there two new Toughpower unit's, The 1,000 Watt an 1,200 Watt. Both sayin they will support up to three ("high end") video card's.

I have a 750 an 600 watt PSU from Thermaltake, That I do love alot, They haven't given me any problem's to date. But I'm needing more power.
The biggest one Newegg is selling is the 850 Toughpower. But I'm thinking bout more as well, after seeing these two new model's, Just Newegg hasn't got them in yet! :( I love the Modular cable! It take's down some of the mess.

But my question is, Do you think this would power three high end cards?
An no I'm going to run 3 yet, Just I'd like the head room. The 1,200 watt seem's to be over kill, But the 1,000 seem's to be a nice investment for upgrades an addon's.

I'm wondering on the price too, Since Newegg hasn't got any yet. I'd rather get the 1,000 Watt then the 850. :confused:

Your ideas on it?

If you want to buy a 1K PSU then the PC Power and cooling line blows TT out of the water.

How much do they run?
I may just go with the 850, But if the new 1,000 Watt by TT isn't much more I'm going with it.

augest said:
How much do they run?
I may just go with the 850, But if the new 1,000 Watt by TT isn't much more I'm going with it.

Im not in any way advocating that you need a 1K psu.
But, sells for 499.99 On manufacture website.

Your don't even need a 850 Watt PSU.
I bet if you tell us what you have youll need no bigger then 650 Watts.

Currently I have as listed.
3 Sony DVD R/RW Burners Rom's,
1 Sony Floppy drive.
Evga 680I Mother board.
4 one gig stick's of Corsair XMS2 DRR2 800 ram.
C2D 6700.
Creative X-FI (FPS) Sound card.
2 XFX 8800 GTX.

Right now I only have one 300 GB WD hard drive but I ordered two 150 GB Raptor's the other day, Should be here by Tuesday I hope.

Also, I plan on adding the other 4 gig's of ram to make 8, Just I don't want the G. Skill 2 gig stick's. I'd like Corsair so I'll wait.
I also want to add another 8800 Gtx down the line, Or maybe even the R600's but with them not going to be released till around the end of the year I doubt I will.
Also bigger hard drive's when they come out for shure.
I have a Zelman 9500 on the C2D, An wow I didn't think they'd be that big.
I have 3 neon red 120 MM case fan's, Thinkin bout another one on top of the case too? Just don't know how my temp's are going to run yet, So far they are very cool but can't run a load yet. The fan's I put in them are 78 CFM so it work's so far.
I also have a 12 inch red Meteor light in there, An plan to add another on the other side of the case.

I know I need at least a 850 watt cause this 750 I am using will shut off randomly when I do something that uses alot of power, Like a demanding game that make's the computer work. So I'm kind of at a benchmark here an very limited.

I don't wanna spend 500$ on that power supply till I see how TT's are going to rate in price.
I like TT my old 600 watt power supply has lasted for a long time. An this 750 watt is good to! I tried it in another one of my pc's an no problem's at all. Just it don't seem enough. I would think 850 would be enough! With some head room. But I don't think it will down the road if I add a Quad CPU, Another 8800 GTX, An hard drive's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom