Another C2D system!

Status
Not open for further replies.

apdrummer

In Runtime
This is my first build EVER! I'm really excited about it and I couldn't wait until I got pictures to post here. Hopefully I'll get them if I have time between Oblivion and BF2.

C2D E6300 (soon to be overclocked to 3~3.2GHz)
eVGA 680i Mobo
eVGA 8800GTS
Kingston HyperX DDR2 800
2 x (RAID 0) WD Caviar 250GB (Set up raid by myself!)
Arctic Cooler 7 Pro
Thermaltake Xaser III ATX Full tower (7 fans, makes my old computer sound like a jet taking off)
Antec TP3 650W PSU

This thing's a beast! I'm still a newbie but my old rig scored a miserable 8,968 on Aquamark 3, this thing scored +107,000 without CPU overclock (as you can see, I was in serious need for a massive upgrade). Downloaded 3DMark 05 but It wouldn't install, I'll try again soon. It ran Oblivion 12x10, HDR, full settings with only small blips when outside, I think the CPU is the bottleneck here and should solve the problem after overclocking. Tell me what you think!

lol, the pics won't be very neat looking, with all those case fans, I couldn't figure out how to straighten up the wiring so I basically pushed them up out of the way of airflow... I know, I need to fix it... I was just impatient to get it running lol.

i would sayy get some tape and tape the wires to the case.. or the wire manager thingies that look like 'U' and then you cross it like "X'....

Alright, thanks. I have a 3DMark03 benchmark in, 15126. I haven't even looked to compare it to other rigs. The screenshot is below. This is without CPU OC, I'll be doing that soon!

Attachments

• 3d mark 03 score.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 44
Well done that man, i know how exciting these things can be!
Get some of these Velcro ties, there like cable ties but there coloured fabric type things that tie up, they look better than plastic cable ties and there not hard so wont hurt the wires if there too tight, heres a pic of mine
000_0583.jpg

Alright, thanks, the pic helped a lot.
I have it at a stable OC of ~2.56 GHz It started getting a bit warm, but that speed's fine for me. I didn't want to put anymore voltage into the core either, it was already set at 1.45v (SpeedFan read 1.42v) So I didn't want to fry it lol. I also have the Northbridge and FSB voltages at 1.5v. (please tell me if any of what i stated is abnormal) Maybe later I'll invest in a better heatsink/fan.

New Aquamark3 benchmark: +130,000. I was disapointed in the new 3DMark score, it was only a few hundred more, Though Oblivion runs flawlessly now. Haven't had time for BF2 yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom