DVI or VGA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
Just wondering, who uses what and why? Is more modern monitors all resorting to DVI cables now?

Basically the picture is a little better but the biggest thing (to me) is you do not have to adjust the size of the screen with dvi. With vga, you have to shrink it, move it left, right, up, down, and my personal favorite, pitch (i could never seem to get it straight :p). Dvi puts the screen exactly on the monitor with no spaces in between the picture and monitor panel. You still control the brightness and contrast though.

New graphics cards don't even come with vga connectors anymore (only dvi to vga converters).

So dvi is the way to go now.

Yes, what you are running is called a DVI-to-VGA adapter from your video card. Its what I did when I built my tower last christmas that had a x1950PRO, but my old monitor only ran VGA.

I think if you got a new monitor, you'd see a very big difference. Not only because DVI is faster and crisper, but because the monitor itself would have a better response time and a higher contrast ratio. So when you combine a nice monitor with DVI, you'll get basically no ghosting and great color. A new monitor would compliment your graphics card quite a bit. I know mine did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom