Might order Z-5500s this weekend, but I have a question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RalliArt882

Daemon Poster
Hi, I'm using a rig with a Soundblaster X-Fi Xtrememusic sound card. Currently, I'm running some three year old Altec Lansing 5.1 speakers that aren't truly digital I suppose. I suspect this because I have three cords coming from my sound card going to the sub, where all the speakers are hooked into like usual.

Now, I have a Xbox 360 and I'm running some Onkyo 5.1s off of that. I have just one single Monster fiber optic cable going from my xbox to my Onkyo reciever.

So, the question is; when I get my Z-5500s, all I have to do is go buy a fiber optic cable and run that from my sound card to the Z-5500 sub to get TRUE Dolby Digital and DTS? Will my sound card recognize it? Cmon nosboost you should know this one for sure. Thanks everyone.

I'm just kinda confused because I have three cables coming out of my sound card.

RalliArt882 said:
Hi, I'm using a rig with a Soundblaster X-Fi Xtrememusic sound card. Currently, I'm running some three year old Altec Lansing 5.1 speakers that aren't truly digital I suppose. I suspect this because I have three cords coming from my sound card going to the sub, where all the speakers are hooked into like usual.

Now, I have a Xbox 360 and I'm running some Onkyo 5.1s off of that. I have just one single Monster fiber optic cable going from my xbox to my Onkyo reciever.

So, the question is; when I get my Z-5500s, all I have to do is go buy a fiber optic cable and run that from my sound card to the Z-5500 sub to get TRUE Dolby Digital and DTS? Will my sound card recognize it? Cmon nosboost you should know this one for sure. Thanks everyone.

I'm just kinda confused because I have three cables coming out of my sound card.

The first jack is for fronts, second jack is for rears, and third jack is for center, and sub. The logitech system has the three cables for those jacks. That should be in the instruction manual for your soundcard.

36-121-120-09.JPG

Ok thanks. That's the setup I'm running right now wiring wise. But I need an fiber optic cable if I want best sound, true? Would I just need to buy an adapter/splitter run those three wires in, and run a fiber optic out to the sub?

I would think if a system is Dolby/DTS then it would come with the wires/cables to utilize it?

I'm not sure if they even make a a converter to fiber optic cable. This might add an optical output, but I'm pretty sure its to output to a reciever.

http://www.soundblaster.com/products/product.asp?category=1&subcategory=16&product=14659

http://www.soundblaster.com/products/product.asp?category=1&subcategory=16&product=14711

You can also use these cables to output to a receiver.

http://www.soundblaster.com/products/product.asp?category=1&subcategory=16&product=14309

Not really sure what you're talking about with the fiber optic cable.

To answer your question, I'm looking to run an optical out to my Z-5500s. So, would i need that I/O add-on if I wanted to run an optical cable to my Z-5500? Because as I understand it, optical is the way to go for sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom