Is my Mobo DOA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridlyn

Fully Optimized
It just came in today, it doesn't even post, the DVD burner opens and shuts, cpu fan, works and that's it. If tried resetting the CMOS.

The CPU fan acts weird. It goes to full speed, slows down a little than back to full speed.

I've tried different ram, video and PSU's.

So do you think it's DOA.

I have the PC Chips P23 V3.0, with a Intel Core 2 Duo E4300.

You need to pull everything off that board except the cpu, heat sink/fan and memory (video need to be attached if you do not have on-baord video.) Will it post? If so, start adding componenets until you find the fubarred component. If it will not post in that configuration, I would RMA that mobo.

I did that and it won't post, and there's onboard video which i tried.

I've already applied for the RMA.

Im guessing that it's either the CPU or the Motherboard, because i've tried ram that i know that works, still nothing my graphics card works that gives me nothing. It gets power to the CPU fan, but it slows down for a sec then speeds back up and it just keeps doing that. Everything else is in tip top shape.

Should i RMA the CPU along with the Motherboard just in case?

I doubt it's the CPU. When you installed that cpu did you, by any chance, bend a pin or two on the mobo slot 775 interface. These new intel cpu's are pinless, as you know, and I have had mobos fail becasue there are bent pins (from the factory that way.).

I didn't see any bent pins. Even after i removed the CPU i didn't see any. Or at least they didn't look bent. I sent the motherboard out for RMA yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom