NEED THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!!! DELLs!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think an entire forum of people who dislike a company is proof enough that said company sucks.

dells are actually one of the best proprietary manufacturer of pcs. HOWEVER, i will say that they are only good if you DONT plan on doing anything to your configuration. Almost all the parts are proprietary and made by dell, which makes it a pain in the *** if you plan on upgrading or anything.

I dunno... so I guess people are talking about the lower end systems that suck for dell???

Because if you look at the xps there are 6 expansion slots... so I'm not sure what people mean by not being expandable. The dell that I have is almost 10 years old and I've upgraded that thing without problems. I think I bought it in 1997 or 98. Has USB ports, zip drive, 128mb agp ( i kno i kno that's old), sound card, ethernet, 3-4 ram slots ( i think 3), also has 6 slots for expansion cards... only reason I am about to build my own is because dell is getting bad reps and I need a new desktop OS.

One thing I agree with is they OVERCHARGE... but from my experience dell's have been good quality, maybe because I was charged rediculously.. yea... it was more than 2k (yes yes I'm crazy.. but at the time it was the best system out there). Atleast it lasted me for a decade... and although it still works.. no one supports win98... so I must switch. haha

DELL's are a bad choice when you are going to look for a high end PC for gaming or hardware intensive applications. If that is the case, you are best off building your own PC and configuring it with the hardware you know will get the job done, and won't be left pondering "Will my dell run this game, or render this file?"

If you are a college student or simply don't have alot of money, you really can't go wrong with a $400 dell deal..... running PC & monitor & printer. it's perfect when all they need to do is simple office tasks, internet email and listen to some music.

I am a college student with money =D. I will build my own, I saw some videos online and seems simple enough.

What do you guys think is the best time to build??? I was waiting for the q6300 series to come out but I don't even know when that will be. When are the next series of intels gonna come out? like the e6320 or q6300 or w/e they are called.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom