cant install visual studio 2005 in vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

robina_80

Banned
help please i cant install visual studio 2005 on vista. it says please insert the disk visual studio 2005 dvd but i know it works because ive had it running on XP

Just cause it works on XP doesnt mean it will work on Vista. Vista is a totally new kernel and does NOT support all software that XP Does.

The only thing i can suggest is to try and run it in compatability mode. If that dont work then i dont think that VS 2005 can be install on Vista. Have to try for the newer version of the product that is compatable with Vista.

Okay after some checking it seems that it can work.

Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Express Editions: Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition (32 Bit) (Compatibility warnings, but works)

That is the exact version that has been known to work. As you see it does give warnings but works.

There is only one version of VS 2005. But there is also Visual Stuido 6 which is out. ;) That version is also known to work.

Also do you have the SP1 which is in Beta? that might also help it work on Vista.

Actually if you read that it says:

"To develop solutions for Windows Vista and Office 2007."

It doesn actually say that it works on Vista. Just that you can use it to develop for Vista.

As i stated try compatability mode. Right click on the .exe and under properties. There should be a compatability tab. Click it and check the box that says "Run in XP SP2 mode". This should help you try and get it isntalled.

Ahh you dont dual boot. Sorry i do so that never came up for me.

Since that isnt a option the only thing i can think of is to try VS 2005 SP1. It is on that link you showed earlier. see if you can download a copy of that and install it.

See if that will help since you cant use compatability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom