9600xt or 9800pro (128bit)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats the same card i have. I really like my 9800 pro. i play games like UT2004, Americas Army, BF1942, Blackhawk down, among others, and i have not had one issue yet. If your'e looking for a great video card at a reasonable price, you found it!

As fo reliability, mine has worked flawlessly for about 6 months now.

I'm sure there's some reviews avaible on the net about that card. Hit up google.

I know that some 128 cards perform better than some 256 cards. I'm not sure about that specific one, but I wouldnt let that be a factor in your purchase.

yea like i said earlier dude .. sapphire is realiable and so is the gpu itself .. go for it by all means .. and yes a 9800 is better then a 9600 ..

no sarcasm intended .. :D

didi said:
9800 GPU suppose to run at 256bits.
If 128 bits, better not to buy it.

I have never heard anything about, or seen the performance, but even then the 256bit version is only $215 or so:confused:

Well, right now I only play Counter-Strike, and I got a Geforce MX4000. When I run through the smoke, my fps drop down a LOT. I just need a card that will be able to withstand the smoke in the game. I also plan to get Half Life 2 and UT04. Will these cards, 9600xt or 9800Pro 128 bit, be able to handle the smoke in CS and the games in the future?

The smoke is usually due to how good or bad your video card's Open GL support is. Most of nVidia's recent cards have good Open Gl support. I would recommend a 5900xt, but a 9800 Pro should do fine for Open GL, not to mention Counterstrike is an old ass game.

A 9200 pro can handle the counter-strike smoke easily but if your looking at half-life 2 and ut 2004 def get 9600 XT or 9800 Pro. If you get the right cooling get the program for the 9800 and unlock the other 4 pipelines... The cooling goes for about 20$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom