External HD b/t Mac/PC problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

NathanLedet

In Runtime
OK I'm a multimedia student and just got a pretty nice external hard drive - Seagate. I use this hard drive at school to go between classes..some classes use PC's, some use Mac. I have no problem getting the hard drive to show up on my PC and save files and things like that, but almost nothing works on the Mac. I cannot save or anything. The properties say the hard drive is not writable. I think perhaps I formatted it wrong in the beginning :umm: anyway...help on this would be appreciated

Generally (I haven't been keeping up with Mac formatting vs. PC formatting)...but back in the day... PC and Mac formatting was not compatible, you'd format something to make it work with a PC and then if you changed to a Mac machine, you'd have to refomat the drive to the Mac format... (I don't know what the Mac format is called, but with PC you can format into FAT or NTFS). Without doing some reseach I can't tell you if there is a format that is backwards compatible with both OS's... I'll do some research and get back to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom