Video Card Suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

King X13

Daemon Poster
I am returning my XFX 7900GS because it sucks basicly. i was getting weird screen glitches with it so i used ATI tool to see what was up. the card comes with 525 core speed, ati tool had to put it on 500 to get rid of the artifacts and make it stable.

i have 300 give or take, less is always preferred but i can go alittle higher if its worth it.

You can go for the 7950GT, or wait for the budget DX10 cards coming out. The 8800GTS, is also about $100 more.

In my opinion you should just get an X1950Pro since they're cheap but great, and it will last you until there are more DX10 cards out there (such as the ATi R600 and the lower-end Nvidia cards).

For reference, it's slightly better than the 7900GS you had. And your motherboard supports ATi CrossFire unlike SLI, should you ever want that.

The PowerColor X1950Pro 512MB ($259.99) comes with a pretty sweet cooler (Arctic Accelero), but you do have versions for under $200.

Wow....i loved my xfx 7900gs. I still have myn and plan to use it in a lan build later.

But i can understand you want better...d*** that little voice in the back of your head- "come on you know you want it" :p

But anyways...the x1950pro would be a good card to get right now as far as price preformance, but the 8800gts 320mb version should be out shortly (like a week or less). So i would say wait an extra week for the dx10 card.

Which is better that or

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102067

that has a high core and memory. i was thinking of picking that one up. and its said to be able to over clock to the XTX versions speeds.

i will not be needing a DX10 card because only vista supports dx10 so i hear and i will not be upgrading to vista till the next millennium, i just dont like it.

my board supports SLI and crossfire...it even came with an sli bridge.

darkop16 said:
[...] but the 8800gts 320mb version should be out shortly (like a week or less). So i would say wait an extra week for the dx10 card.

Reference?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom