9800Pro vs. 9800XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laser

Baseband Member
Alright, i have been recently looking at the 9800Pro 256MB card. As of the last few days it has dropped in price about 10 or 15 dollars or so. I was just wondering if i should continue to wait for the price of the 9800XT to drop just a little bit more or just get the 9800Pro. So ultimately, i really just want to know if it would be worth the extra money?

Firstly .. the price would definately fall on both the 9800 Pro as well as the Xt, very shortly .. (the price slashes are tentatively due sometime post the 3rd week of June)

As far as the performance diff between the 2 .. Yes there is a considerable differance in terms of fps etc..

Also u mite want to check up on The Radeon 9800 Pro To Radeon 9800XT Mod Guide Rev. 2.0!

Yea go for the 9800xt, I've never used a pro, but when comparing the xt to the pro it would seem like the xt does a lot better. And you should wait for the prices to hit rock bottom, and get a $500 card for $250 - $200.. yea, that's my 2 cents

The 9800XT is 10 FPS at best faster then the Pro, and the Pro can be OCed to just as fast as the XT:confused: If you got the money and can wait I'd go with the XT, but the Pro is very good card still:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom