Asus p5n-e sli 650i mobo issues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUG

Beta member
ok i had a previous thread where i thought my comp might be freaking out from temp issues. Now i'm not so sure. I checked through everything, lastly a harddrive check that determined corrupted data on the two new sata drives i bought. Seems the SATA corruption that effects the 680i boards may have transferred onto the 650i as well?

* Random application shutdown
* Corrupted boot drive
* BSOD (Blue screen of death)
* Corrupt data

I have had all these happen to me as well as hangs (20 sec freezes) to full on freezing.. When i used an IDE drive everything has worked fine.

NVIDIA has issued a fix named NV121906 in late December 2006 for 680i SLI motherboards but what about the 650? I've heard they use the same chip but has anyone else experienced anything else like this?

"There are some very real problems with the chipset, NVIDIA has recognized this. 1 out of 5 of the 680i motherboards we have used here showed the problem"

Looks like i'll just be replacing the mobo, but i thought i'd give a warning out there. This caused a lot of extra time stuffing around on my part :(

I have the P5N-E SLI 650i. And I've had the BSOD, with random reboots. But the people here later, confirmed it was bad ram, because of the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, along with alot of errors resulted from memtest 86.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom