Nvidia or ATI? I need help choosing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i know for a fact that ATI are good cards considering ive tested Several versions.But i have also tested the greatest Nvidia cards as well . ATI 9200 se PCI,ATI 7000 , ATI 7500 , ATI 8500 , ATI 9600 se, Pro, XT. ATI AIN 9700 pro , ATI 9800 Pro , XT , TNTII 32/64 . FX 5200 , 5600 , 5600 Ultra , Leadteck Ti 4200,4400,4600 Ultra , Leadtek FX 5900, 5950 Ultra .The only issues ive had with ATI is heat and there driver support was soso up to 9700. There driver support has goten extremely better :).. Board makers put better cooling on Nvidias at least with the models ive tested .
The New Nvidia card offers more bang down the road soon with new game codeing coming of age.Ati has maximized there old 9700 flag star chipset wich is quite amazing. I guess i like testing new technology and Nvidia is offering it right now with the 6800.
I wont no for sure untill ive tested the both of them hehe.By that time somthing new will come along . go figure :)

I personally think that it is more personal preference than anything. I mean really, the human eye can only distinguish seperate frames under 24fps. That's why movie projectors project at that framerate. Now, it will appear smooth at about 30fps and up, but seriously, if you can run a game a 1024x768x32 at anything more than 30fps, i'd say you're sitting pretty. Especially if it's a game like Half Life 2 or Halo or UT2k4 With a ton of Bots running around. :)

Anyways, those high end cards are awesome, but right now they're so dang expensive and the prices will come down soon enough. Basically I think you'd be spending about $250 for the card and another $250 just because it's the best if you bought the Nv 6800 or the X800.

my $.02

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom