Post your fastest SuperPI times

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stock, my superpi1.5 time is 35.12.. I was thinking it should be better?

I am decently savy about overclocking older systems. I'm not trying to shorten the life of my parts, just looking for a slight to slightish overclock. My specs are my sig, however duacores are different i hear? I went into the bios took cpu from 200 to 210, leaving everything else including multiplier the same.. and it just restarts. I read up on different threads and haven't gotten a conclusive answer of what to do? Any advice? System is new :)

That is kinda retarded. lol 10mhz oc and it restarts. Well try rasing the voltage one and see, it is worth a try.

why the **** do you have a 700watt psu for 2 7600gt's??? that is worthless.

ThirdLeft152 said:
toxicity, 2.0v is kinda low for ddr2 800 i believe. i would try 2.1v atleast, if not 2.2v, im running my corsair at 2.25v.

Uh considering like I said, stock for my DDR2 800 is 1.8v. and my motherboard only supports 1.8-2.1v

toxicity...exactly, what ram do you have. I ask because I have G.Skill DDR2-800 ram also...stock says 1.8-2.1V, but I've heard of people pushing them to 2.4V w/o a hiccup.

here's the ram I have:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820231063

anyways...I've pushed my E6400 to 3.4Ghz rock solid...so I really don't know why you couldn't push your E6600 at least as high. (I've also gotten it up to into the 3.6's and 3.7's but it was only stable enough for superpi)

I'd say to up the voltage on the cpu and see if that helps, but watch the temps and don't let them get too high (I've heard that they can take 60C but I'm not even willing to go above 55C)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820231099

That's the RAM I have. I know that my motherboard has some severe vcore drop so I think I'm going to up the voltage later tonight, and have my window open, and possibly take off a couple drive bay covers that are over my intake fan and see what I can get. I know I should be able to get my E6600 over 3.18 easy. We'll have to see how it goes tonight.

yeah, I'd say to set the timings @ 5-5-5-15 and try 800mhz (basically what should be stock for that ram) and run a 1:1 divider with the cpu.

^That's what worked best for me^

The last two screenshots I posted were 1:1 with the cpu. If I were to try 800mhz for my ram and keep a 1:1 with my cpu, my fsb would be 400, which would mean that my cpu would be at 3.6 ghz. I'm not sure if it'll like that or not... Suppose I can try..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom