Help choosing the right Motherboard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy058910

Baseband Member
I need to find a motherboard that supports the following things:

At least 3 PCI Slots, AGP/or PCI Express slot, supports a 90mm x 90 mm cpu fan, socket 775 supporting Pentium 4 and DDR (266 CL 2.5) RAM and thats about it.

But I cant seem to find one and if I do it seems like I cant find the exact specs to fit this description. Thanks guys

Only thing about this is I'm not really sure what SATA is all about and I only see one IDE connector (used to having two, 1 for HD's, and 1 for cd/dvd drives).

And is the PCI express way more expensive than AGP? If it is I just want AGP then.

Kind of new to this, but know a little somethin somethin, thanks for the help.

SATA is serial ATA instead of PATA or parrellel ATA. Both are part of the IDE standard. Think of it this way. Old hard drives have the big fat ribbon cable your probably used to and new hard drives have the skinny small cable that is SATA. SATA is faster than PATA and of course much smaller as I've said. Any HD you get these days is going to be SATA

Ok, then I need PATA because I will be using an old HD. But thanks for the summary. And these SATA cables are different than Round IDE cables right?

At least 3 PCI Slots, AGP slot, supports a 90mm x 90 mm cpu fan, socket 775 supporting Pentium 4 and DDR (266 CL 2.5) RAM and two PATA IDE Slots.

Can anyone find that, do I need to supply more info?

(How do I know how many pins my ddr ram is?)

Also, there are like 5 types of Pentium 4's if I am not mistaken, dont know how to deter that as well.

Geez guys, I dont know what the difference between single channel and dual channel ram slots on motherboards are either. Sorry, guess you got to start somewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom