First Build Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

brucebolt83

Beta member
I was so worried going into my first real build that either one of the components I bought would be bad or I would mess something up. I hope neither of those things is true but I'm having trouble.

I put everything together and when it starts, power is on and all fans run but I get absolutely no beeps or video. The power LED is orange.

I disconnected/removed pretty much everything including the video card and RAM to the point that the only things connected were the PSU, MB, and CPU. Still had the same result.

As far as I know everything is connect properly. I'm just kind of lost and don't know where to troubleshoot from here. I really hope nothing is messed up. Any advice on something I might be overlooking or anything I could try would be appreciated.

Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3
C2D E6300
Antec SmartPower 2.0 500

I'm not really at that point yet. Just trying to get it to post. When it wouldn't I took everything out except the PSU, MB, and CPU just to see if I could hear the error beeps.

Do you have another PC with similar parts that you can go through and test each part of your new PC with? If you do just get your working computer, and replace the ram with the ram from your non-working computer... if it works then the ram is fine.... do this with all the parts to find the dodgy component

Was able to swap out the PSU to see if that was the problem. Had the same result. I figured out the LED issue...I just had the connector upside down. But everything is the same. All fans and lights work but I get no beeps or video. I assume something is wrong with either the MB or CPU. I read in another thread that if the CPU is bad it'll still post but report that the CPU is bad. Is this true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom