What does this mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

InNeedOfHelp

Beta member
Hi,

For the last couple of weeks, I have been getting this popup messege. It does not seem to be affecting anything at all that I'm doing at the time. It's very annoying, it pops up about every 15 mins or so, and I just close it. So, what does it mean? How can I get rid of it?

messege is....

Like I said, it does not occur when I am trying to do something or whatever, it just pops up. I can leave the comp for an hour, come back and there will be a few of them there.

get spybot: search and destroy, and scan for viruses, spyware, and adware, etc...it kinda sounds like some type of program trying to open, and it cant find the directory, or was written to the registry. did it start happening after you installed a program, or after browsing the net, etc...?

or it might be a type of dialer program, and you dont have a dialup modem, so its trying to get a modem to dial numbers and there is no device to dial them...

also, get hijackthis 1.99.1 and report that back.

Go to: Run>mscvonfig>startup and disable everything but your antivirus software. Notihing else needs to be running in the backgournd anyway. All of the above suggestions remain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom