Blue screen/computer crash problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver.au

Beta member
G'day,

I recently bought a new (high end) computer, because it was time for an upgrade.
On my older computer, (p4, 1gig ram, ATI 9600pro) I installed World of Warcraft (trial) and was experiencing the blue screen of death at the same spot in the game all the time. I updated my graphics drivers and such, but there was still no fix.
Now, I installed a whole new WoW trial on this computer (Core 2 Duo e6400, 8800GTS, 2gig ram) and again, in exactly the same spot of the game my computer gives me a blue screen of death and resets.
The error message in the blue screen is: DRIVER_IRQL_LESS_OR_EQUAL, I have up to date Nvidia drivers and everything ...and its a brand new computer.
I don't see how the exact same problem can occur on two totally different build's of computers, with WoW installed using 2 different DvDs.
What could be the problem here? I've tried alot of things :/.

I've tried:
-Reinstalling
-Repatching
-Playing in windowed mode
-Turning graphics settings to all low
-Making sure I have the latest Nvidea 8800GTS drivers

Thanks in advance for your help.

PS, here is my dxdiag.txt.

Attachments

• dxdiag.txt
    43.3 KB · Views: 32
Its brand new, the whole computer is.

DDR2 667mhz ram.

I've got the latest DX9.0c as well :/, still no success :/.

Where can I find drivers for a gigabyte GA-965P-S3 mobo?

I have tried opening wow using those two commands (-openGL, -nosound) but still no luck.

Ok, done that still no success.
I just tried again with -openGL and -nosound mode to see if I'de get a different error message when it goes to blue screen.
This time it says:

BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER.

The only two things I have in my usb are my G5 mouse and a Wireless Network Adapter

Hello,

I have updated my mouse drivers with no luck.
That first link you posted looks interesting, they all seem to be having a problem with their wireless network card. I have a wireless network adapter, which runs through USB.
Its a netgear WG111v2, od you think this could be causing it?

Thanks for all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom