Vibration from Motherboard panel (CoolerMaster WaveMaster)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick-Reid

Beta member
Hi All,

I have just bought the 'COOLERMASTER - WAVE MASTER' computer case and have installed all my components.

When switching on I notice a buzzing vibration which goes a little like this mmmmmmmmmmmMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm constantly.

I've checked all the fans, and work out that it is the CPU Fan causeing the vibration. The thing is the fan is securely connected to the motherboard, and there is no wobble at all. I believe the problem is that the board the motherboard is mounted too is the vibration culprit. When i press firmly on the back, the buzzing stops, let go and it starts again.

Has anyone seen this problem befor? Is there any solution?

I'm new to this forum so appologies to the admins if I posted this in the wrong section.

Thanks for any help.

Rick-Reid

I think he's talking about the motherboard plate.

I'm not really sure, I'd have to see a picture or something to help you.

I have that case... no problems like that. No problems at all.

Make sure that your stand-offs are snug, as well as your mounting screws. You might want to check behind your motherboard and make sure you didn't drop a screw back there.

plant yes that amused me aswell, so we all know EXACTLY what it sounds like after that description dont we?.............................NOT:p

When trotter said "make sure your stand-offs are snug" that doesnt mean tighten them until you cant go any further! just do them up "hand tight" so there firm and not too tight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom