P4 631 OC'd to 8Ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I posted in the other thread, a 4Ghz Core 2 Duo matches this. The SuperPi time on that would probably be around 12s or 13s. Its impressive to see, but nothing earth-shattering performance-wise. Just know it won't be setting any world records for anything but clockspeed.

TriEclipse said:
Like I posted in the other thread, a 4Ghz Core 2 Duo matches this. The SuperPi time on that would probably be around 12s or 13s. Its impressive to see, but nothing earth-shattering performance-wise. Just know it won't be setting any world records for anything but clockspeed.

well yea, obviously. but it is still very impressive, is it not?

M733mhz said:
Yeah that is an insane OC but what does it mean to real world computing? How many of your friends run liquid nitrogen to cool their systems haha. It seems the P4 has always been Intel's OCer of choice. My take on that is that it's cool to see the max of something like that but it doesn't mean much to me really. Also I wouldn't mind letting Team Italy do a little work on my machine haha, It seems these teams know how to squeeze every inch of performance possible out of every part.

It wasn't done for real-world computing. It was done for bragging rights and for the **** of it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom