memory question

Status
Not open for further replies.

kida

Solid State Member
ok so i'm thinking of upgrading my computer's memory from 1gig to 2gigs. the 1gig memory in my system right now is 2 512mb modules from crucial, and i've had absolutely no problem with it at all and i've had it for about 6 months now. i also look at other brands, including the corsair xms series. i've learned that the corsair xms are mainly for overclockers since they support it while crucial doesn't.

my question is: should i buy my 2gigs from crucial or should i try out the corsair xms? the xms is about $20+ more expensive than the crucial.

i'm not an overclocker because i have no idea how to. also, i know that crucial's memory modules are very good quality. corsair has good quality too, but there seems to be too many people complaining about their modules dying after several months. even though corsair replaced them, but still...if they're good quality, why are they dying within months? and a lot of these complaints came from people who aren't overclockers either.

fyi, my memory type is ddr pc3200.

You MIGHT have problems when using 2 different brand memories on the same motherboard, but that's just from my previous knowledge of older motherboards (haven't been catching up to the tech stuff lately, the last great board I knew was DFI lan party NF4)

no i meant i'll buy both modules from the same brand, but i just wanna know which one is better buy, crucial or corsair xms?

yea i'll go with crucial. there are just too many people on newegg complaining about the corsair modules dying on them only after a few months. i'm guessing corsair is kinda like dell...if you're lucky and get a good product it'll last you a long long time, but if you get the crappy product it'll die within a short period of time...inconsistent quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom