Gaming rig!!! Ready to purchase!! Need some last opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cchris1216

Beta member
specs
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz
SONY 16X DVD±R DVD Burner
Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB 7200 RPM
eVGA 768-P2-N831-AR GeForce 8800GTX 768MB
Creative Sound Blaster SB0610VP 7.1
Antec True Power Trio TP3-650 ATX12V 650W
Arctic Silver 5
CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800
EVGA 122-CK-NF68-AR LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i
Antec 75003 120mm Case Fan
ZALMAN CNPS9500 AT 2 Ball CPU Cooling

What are your opinions on vista? I can either get windows xp or purchase vista. I have all the hardware associated with vista, but a little worried about such a new product.

I'm cool with that hardware, except the sound card. I don't even know what that means, but get at least an X-Fi Xtremegamer. I think the Xtremegamers and better have hardware-acceleration. Thats what you want. Don't get a card that doesn't have it. I have an Xtrememusic which is one step above the gamer I think, and it costs barely more. It rocks.

Everything else in your post is the same as mine, except the mobo and vid card. But that's because your's are out of my league, so no worries there. I use a OCZ GameXtreme 700W PSU that's rock solid, but Antec is a big brand so I'm sure it will do you fine.

it's an Audigy 4 and truthfully... with the sound you have on the mobo. I wouldn't even bother getting it. the mobo sound is better.

also check to see if your hard drive is 8mb or 16mb cache.. the 16mb will give you better performance...

I take it you have a case?

I would go with XP until they figure out what it is they want out of Vista... MS is already working to get a service pack out and it just hit the streets...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom