Crashes and Keyboard Blinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graham_Sanders

Beta member
Hi,

Recently my 80GB hdd managed to kill itself, i sent it back and got a replacement one. about 1 day after i replaced the hdd my computer crashed (crashed as in screen freezed and couldnt move mouse or click anything keyboard didn't work either. the only thing that was happening was the keyboard lights (Num Lock, Caps Lock and Scroll Lock) were flashing. i though maybe this was linux reejctng my new hdd (it was a slave, the master worked fine) so i tried to reinstall Linux (Red Hat AS) now i can't even get past the install process because it keeps crashing like it did before before it finishes installing. Does anyone know what might be wrong, ive tried making sure everything is plugged in properly.

Thanks In Advance,

Graham

Only idea I have is to check the pins on the hard drive to make sure none are bent or missing, I've had hard drives actually run when they were missing pins, although that was years ago, I'm sure the same could be today. Also check the jumper on the slave pins, to make sure they're not both on slave or something, that could cause a few issues.

i have just checked all teh jumper settings and pins, everything is fine. i took apart the whole computer and pur it back together taking great care in making sure eveything was correct. It is and it still doesn't work. Anymore ideas? i suppose i could try taking out the new hard drive and see if that makes any difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom