Best Graphic Card for under $100.00?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Also think you should get the ati 9600 or better. As u can see in my sig i have the Fx 5200 and it aint prettey with halo! lol. Even though it cost me about £40 It runs slow at times.

by the way....wuts that kids name.......i think i have an old TNT 2 that he can have for..... say....$150 bucks, lol

LOL i know he is an idiot. The best part is.. he could not even use it. He lives like a block away from me. He didn;t even have a agp slot.

Uhhh....Ok, I am still rather naive to techno terms and upgrading, but I take it that the ATI 9600 and the Sapphire Radeon 9600 are one in the same?..Forgive my ignorance, I tend to lead a shut in life!:eek:
Ah well, at any rate I don't think I want to try Nvidia anymore.
I've done some research on the net and the 9600pro sounds the most reliable. I admit I'll have to save back a bit to buy it, but I think that's the one I'm going to get. Thanks for your help everybody!:D

well the 9600 and the 9600 pro are 2 different cards. One is a lot better then the other. The 9600 is a piece of crap card. The 9600 pro and the pro cards are a lot better. So i would get the 9600 pro. The 9800 pro is better and its alittle more money but like i said its better then the 9600 pro.

check this out, I had a geforce4 mx440 and it was only ok, but with my limited funds, I boought an ATI radeon 9200 128mb for $100 and it has worked excellent. It doesn't necessarily blow the figures on 3DMark2001 but it was 4 times the score I got with the Nvidia g4 mx440.
It didn't come with a fan on the heatsink but for $7 I added a nice one that I hope is doing it better than it would have without the fan.

yea it is. If you add a fan to anything like a VPU for example.. it will make it have better FPS in games and it will just be better overall.

Does anybody here work with 3D graphics like 3D canvas?
I don't know if anybody has used 3D home builders? That's the stuff I have problems with. My integrated card is 32MB and it just wont carry these programs. The computer will turn them off
every time. Would any of the 128 MB. cards be able to handle this. Like the "PowerColor Radeon 9200 Video Card", "ATI Radeon 8500LE AGP 128MB DDR 2D/3D Video w/TV Support"
"Sapphire Radeon 9000 AGP 128MB DDR 2D/3D TV Out"
or
"XFX XABRE 400 AGP 128MB w/TV & DVI Out XFX - PVS12ANA" (I'm copying these thing right off of Pricegrabber.com). I found some GeForce but I've head some bad things about those cards.
I'd rather have a 256 MB card that is reliable - but I could get the less expensive 128 MB (if reliable) cards a lot sooner.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom