Rate my Future RIG! (NEED Suggestions aswell)

Status
Not open for further replies.
fade2black2004 said:
that PSU is a total overkill even for that beast of a system

Lol I don't think this category is called high Performance PC SYSTEMS FOR nothing :p. Don't think its JUST for gaming it's going to be used for video editing aswell.

Pepsiboy700 said:
Yeah I forgot to mention that. Even with a quad core, 4gb of ram, dual 8800 gtx's you would only need like 850w max.

Well wouldn't it be okay just for liability reasons? JUST incase the system actually requries more then I thought...

Lds_Ricky said:
Lol I don't think this category is called high Performance PC SYSTEMS FOR nothing :p. Don't think its JUST for gaming it's going to be used for video editing aswell.

doesnt matter that psu is still an overkill you can get an antec true power trio that will run that rig just fine

and video editing wont cause you to use mroe power so i dontk know what you are getting at there

Well for starters I'd get the armor over the Kandalf just because it looks better and its a little cheaper, they're more or less the same though. If you have the money I would go with a Asus Striker 680i motherboard over the Abit or if you want to save money go with the Evga 680i. I would also go with an Evga 8800gtx because of the lifetime warrenty and there step up program. If your going to spend big money on everything else you might as well get fast ram. Anything OCZ or Corsair over DDR 900 should do. For hard rives, raptors are fast but expensive. I'd get two 74 gig raptors in raid and then have a couple 320gigs for storage. sound card looks good and the PSU is overkill but it will do fine. I'd go with a PC power and cooling silencer for the PSU if I were you though. For some hardcore cooling try,

http://www.crazypc.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom