Best LCD monitor for a 8800GTX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go with Samsung. Sure, they might be expensive, but the display is crystal clear, and plus, the TV is sexy too!

Mutwa said:
Only the monitor will be better resolution with a finer dot pitch. If your geared towards "bigger is better" than get the lcd tv. If you want image quality and less strain on your eyes get a monitor. Tv's aren't meant to be viewed up close, hence the reason why the dot pitch is bigger. Ill take image quality over size anytime.

Exactly....

Sceptre 20.1in. widescreen
5ms
1680x1050
1000:1 contrast ratio

Way better contrast ratio then any monitor I found for $240, including Dell. I wouldn't buy anything from them if you put a gun to my head. I have this Sceptre. If you run it in DVI, you'll think you're playing on a CRT because you'll get no ghosting or shearing.

Is no one a gamer on this forum!?!? Why does everyone like wide screens....I am simply amazed.

Gabb said:
Is no one a gamer on this forum!?!? Why does everyone like wide screens....I am simply amazed.

Huh? What are you talking about? This comment has me absolutely perplexed. Are you implying that widescreens are bad for gaming?

waytoosmall said:
Huh? What are you talking about? This comment has me absolutely perplexed. Are you implying that widescreens are bad for gaming?

Yes I am! I mean doesn't the native resolution totally not match what most games usually play at, not to mention that theres so many games out there that don't support wide screen.

Newer games are supporting ws and it looks ****ing amazing. I have a SCEPTRE 22" 1680x1050 5ms 1200:1 contrast ratio and it has an hdmi port. Looks absolutely fabulous I recommend it completely!

Gabb said:
Yes I am! I mean doesn't the native resolution totally not match what most games usually play at, not to mention that theres so many games out there that don't support wide screen.
even if they don't, you can often edit the game to make it run in widescreen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom