Graphics Card OVERHEATING

Status
Not open for further replies.

twopointshotdr

Baseband Member
Hey guys...

I have a PNY Geforece 6800 GS 8XAGP powering two 19" samsung monitors. I have been using the latest drivers now for a while...blah blah blah. Basically, a little while ago while playing a game, a nvidia warning popped up telling me my gpu temps are a bit higher...and that system will decrease settings, to compensate for the higher temps recorded. right now im looking at the settings and the ambient temps are at 47 degrees celcius, and i think they were always around there? But my gpu temps are at 71 degress celcius. I think my usual was about 64 or so? So thats a decent increase, and its gone up from 68 to 71 in the last 20 mins or so. Any help would be appreciated? Fan is still spinning away. I've done a fairly good blowing of all the internal components, and I'm about to do a "routine" cleaning. basically i vacuum out my computer every once in a while with one of those little electronics safe vaccuums, cuz im crazy about dust! so yea...again, any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

:)

well good u cleaned out ur pc (im kinda like a anti-dust freak too :p) try to replace the thermal paste on that bad boy and ull be fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom