Rate my Future RIG! (NEED Suggestions aswell)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lds_Ricky

Solid State Member
Hello guys this is my first post here so go easy on me please!

Alright here are the specs, but first off let me say this. I'm building my rig piece by piece...so I could assemble everything on the 18th of next month , 2 days before Supreme Commander comes out lol. Anyway i'm going for my Computer Science Major here in San Diego So wish me the best of luck there! Any who i'm not only building this for gaming but also to ..."scratch' the surface of the computer world I think by building this pc I will have a better grasp of Computers in General.

Here she is!

Case: Thermaltake Kandalf VD4000BWS Black Chassis: 1.0mm SECC Front door: Aluminum ATX/ BTX Tower Computer Case

MOBO: ABIT IN9 32X-MAX LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard

Video Card: PNY VCG8800XXPB GeForce 8800GTX 768MB 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card

PSU: ENERMAX GALAXY EGA1000EWL-DXX ATX / BTX 1000W Gamers Edition Power Supply 100 - 240 V

CPU:Update Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6700 Kentsfield 2.66GHz LGA 775 Processor Model BX80562QX6700

Memory:CORSAIR Dominator 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN2X2048-6400C3DF

X2 Hard Drive: Update Western Digital Raptor X WD1500AHFD 150GB 10,000 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive

Sound Card: Creative 70SB046A00000 7.1 Channels PCI Interface Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Professional Series

Monitor (THIS I ALREADY BOUGHT IT's ON It's Way HERE :) : SAMSUNG Black/Silver 23" 16:9 8ms Wide HDTV Monitor with PC/DVD/TV Inputs Model LN-S2341W

Now that you know what I'm going ot buy in the enxt few weeks, do you have any suggestions for me? Are their any conflicts in products? Umm...am I overkilling here? Lol... Let me say this here this is going ot be my etertainment center aswell for my room. I live in a Condo with my stupendously rich cousin who spends his money on XPS and has a crazy fast t2+ connection lol. But besides him I like to keep in my room when i'm actually at home. Well I appreciate any input!

Also How will the Video Card and television/Monitor work together?

Edit: Almost forgot! The case comes with a Water Cooler system....I ASSUME it's good since all the reviews on new egg are pretty good. Would heat be an issue here ...or should I get something more aggressive? Thanks once more.!

If you built that, I bet you'd run circles around his XPS. Yes, that computer will qualify as overkill to alot of people. It'll run anything you throw at it and it's mamma at cranked settings. I'd say that if you're going to spend that kind of money then you should get some DDR2-1111 RAM just for the **** of it lol.

So I can't say h3LL on teh internets?

So do you think their is plenty of room in the case for the Video card to fit in perfectly...and how about the coolant system...is it enough. Also how would I connect my tele/Monitor to my computer....Through the Video Cards HDTV/S Video or The Mother Boards Monitor Output ?! I'm lost!

89-102-055-09.jpg

14-133-187-10.JPG

The ports on that card are DVI ports vs VGA ports which were standard a couple years ago on video cards. Your card should come with two DVI to VGA adapters. DVI has slightly better quality than VGA but I heard its really noticeable when watching movies on your computer. Your monitor does support HDMI though and they make DVI to HDMI cables. I saw one on newegg for 7 bucks so I think it would be worth it.

Also why PNY? There a so-so company. Evga or XFX would be good companies to look into. I would rather get a Evga 680i motherboard if your going to get a 680i chipset to begin with. Evga had issues with their 680i motherboards but I think a bios update fixes that. I would get some ddr2800 g.skill ram instead of that corsair, and a e6600 instead of that quad core (thats if your short on money, cause my options for cpu, ram, and motherboard would save you almost $900 and you could just do some overclocking and get a second 8800gtx if you really want to). I would opt for two 250gb sata 3gb drives in raid instead of that small fast raptor because of the price to performance ratio.

Also when it comes to water cooling, thermaltake isnt the greatest at it as aspire.comptech will tell you. Pm aspire.comptech if he doesnt see this thread and he will tell you what to get in terms of water cooling and what case to fit it all in for your budget. www.Petrastechshop.com is where he will tell you to go. When it comes to water cooling, aspire.comptech is the right man for the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom