stupid ipod

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, my freind has a ipod shuffle, 1st gen, and its broken...again.

the first time it would turn on, you hit play, the green and orange lights flash. so i updated the firmware, and it fixed it. now its doing it again. and i cant figure out how to get it to work. ive tried the reset, but all that does is format the storage, i need to reload the firmware, but its got the most recent.(i think, its from 1-10-2006) help? it has to be fixed by tonight.

does ipod have a recovery mode like the creative muvo's (hold play and plug in), or...?

also, when the light flashes, the battery light flashes the same colors at the same time as the front status light

Take the battery out, and leave it just like that for about 10 minutes. Then place the battery back in.

I'm a n00b with Ipod's, and frankly I don't like them at all because they're difficult, but with my Creative it's easy to do everything...

top is case, bottom is guts. pic aint mine, found it using everybodys good friend google

800px-Ipodshuffle.jpg

check for any poped solder on the ipod and try resoldering it, my cousin gave me a 1gb samsung and i had to prebuild it because the Usb port was torn off

maybe...his usb port fell out, fixed it first time, wasnt ripped, its like a ribbon cable... just had to super glue it back to the case. but many people have had the same problem.

me, personally, i like something with a screen, like my sandisk sansa m240, my psp, or my zune...cant find the right song with out a screen if im in a hurry.

look at the above picture, it has the ribbion like his, just his was a white ribbon.

super glue doesnt do **** lol, i tried doing that to my cd player display nothing, try carefully removing the plastic from the torn end and try soldering it in .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom