Monitor refuses to show 800x600

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazy_taco

In Runtime
I bought a Hanns·G JW-199DPO Silver 19" 5ms DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor when I built my PC last summer, and it has ran perfectly for me since. However, it recently began to refuse showing anything fullscreen in 800x600 or lower resolution. It always did, and I cannot remember if I did anything to cause this.

I am trying to run Gunbound Revolution.

I have usually been able to get around this problem by repeatedly taking screens of the game, switching in and out of paint, pasting the screen and navigating my way to the video options, but this time around, there is no resolution/window mode. :(

Specs:
Windows Windows XP5.1 (Build 2600) Service Pack 2

Internet Explorer 6.0.2900.2180

Memory (RAM) 2048 MB

CPU AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3500+

CPU Speed 2209.3 MHz

Sound card SB Audigy 2 ZS Audio [AC00]

Display Adapters NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS | NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS | NetMeeting driver | RDPDD Chained DD

Screen Resolution 1360 X 768 - 32 bit

Network Adapters NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller - Packet Scheduler Miniport | Dynex Wireless G Adapter #2 - Packet Scheduler Miniport | VMware Virtual Ethernet Adapter for VMnet8

CD / DVD Drives D: BENQ DVD DC DQ60 | E: BENQ DVD DC DQ60 | G: CR3925C QNB118J | H: CR3925C QNB118J | K: CR3925C QNB118J | L: CR3925C QNB118J

COM Ports COM1

LPT Ports LPT1

Mouse 8 Button Wheel Mouse Present

Hard Disks C: 138.4GB | F: 15.0GB

Hard Disks - Free C: 45.9GB | F: 15.0GB

Yah but the last time I reinstalled my video card drivers, after I restarted my computer, it started in really really low resolution, and when I tried to get to the Nvidia Control Panel it said that it was not installed correctly. Everytime I tried to install it, this happened.

hmmm... I followed your instructions and during the reinstallation of the drivers, the screen went black. I rebooted and still black. So thanks for that wonderful piece of **** idea. Ill keep you in my thoughts as I desperately try to get my scratched windows disk to work.

DUDE!!! Did you even read this entire post?! MY WINDOWS DOESNT START ANYMORE!!! How am I supposed to install drivers without an operating system???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom