Painting cases..

Status
Not open for further replies.

insanity456

Solid State Member
I am looking for recommendations on what type of paint to use for cases. I am modding a case for my daughter, and I despise the boring beige color of gateway cases. I will probably use a black or dark blue paint. Any thoughts on good paint to use. Thanks in advance for your help!

Ok i know this thread is pretty old and im just bringing it back from the dead but i decided instead of posting a new topic i would use an already available one. The other day i was pretty board so i got out my old Hp desktop PC and decided to have some fun with it, i took some Stone cretions paint and and painted the main parts of the case gray stone, and the secondary parts of the case green stone, it really looks like the computer is made out of stone and I LOVE IT! my girlfriend likes the way the computer looks and doesnt currently own a computer so i am giving this stone creation of mine to her. i just figured what do you do with a 700mhz, 64MB of ram, stoneage computer? make it look like it came from the stone age :) . i just thought that i would share this with you guys and if anyone wants any pics or anything i can post them up but im not going to unless anyone actually wants to seem them.

Just remember, should sand off the original paint first, this way will look smoother when you apply the new paint!!! and DO NOT do it on Rainning day or humid day!

Ya, I was planning on sanding it down before I gave it a new look. I never thought about the humidity though. Thanks for the advice.
Dynasty, I would love to see pics of your computer. It sounds like it turned out great. If you don't mind, please post them so I can observe your work of art.

Here you Go insanity.

This is the case i did in the stone creations spraypaint:
case2.JPG

case3.JPG

case4.JPG

Here Is My Newer computer that i just recently transplanted from the A250N casing to the Antec Super Lanboy Case:
case5.JPG

case6.JPG

And here is the sorry leftovers from the A250N Case :)
case7.JPG

So there you go, i hope you like what you see. Soon i plan to go out and get the 3 stage kameleon Auto paint and doing the SuperLanboy case in the kameleon color. I will put up some pics when i am done with that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom