7600GT temps

Status
Not open for further replies.

M733mhz

Daemon Poster
So I just finished putting my new system together yesterday night and I've been watching the temps on this thing carefully and I've noticed my GPU (EVGA 7600GT) never really drops below about 115F*. This can't be right, My CPU is fine, it's never gone above 90F*, But I'm worried about the video card. Do they normally run this hot? The temperature doesn't fluctuate much, just sort of stays in the 115-120 range. It seems kind of odd to me that it would be doing the same amount of work to display windows as it does to display halo. I'm guessing the heatsink and fan on these cards is just trash and I should get a zalman but I don't really want to do that. Could it also the a faulty sensor? I just can't see this thing idling that high. Also I'd like to know if there's any perks to these cards, I.E unlockable pipelines, how far I can OC it, things like that. Also what would be a good program to use to OC this card if I were to do so. Anybody who can help, it's greatly appreciated, I'm trying to squeeze as much performance out of this thing as I possibly can.

That is the 46 to 48 degree celcius range for your GPU which is normal for cards with standard cooling. You don't have a problem.

Then my next question is how would I go about OCing it? Would it really be worth it? Would I see marginal improvement?

You can overclock it, by using ATI Tool, which also supports nvidia cards. I overclocked my 7600GT in my sig, but I didn't see a big performance increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom