USB aren't working properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

tagmonkey

Beta member
A few weeks ago, I updated my USB drivers, when trying to fix my ipod. Anyways, ever since my USB drives have been acting really weird. I assume all of them are 2.0 because when I use a USB, they don't give that hi-speed error like on some comps without a 2.0 usb.

Anyways, since I've updated my internet connection through my router has been really slow, before I would hit 300kb, now it's like 10-20kb. I tried rollingback my usb but it said their aren't any backup files(which I didn't know to do). I checked the bandwidth of each usb, and they are at 10% dunno if that has anything to do with it, but yeah. What is wrong here?

Anyone know the problem?
I tried updating everything through the usb root hubs, usb reader something and they all updated. But when I tried to rollback, they again said no backup files.

I tried a system restore, that didn't help. How do I undo this to go back to normal?

If I were you, I'd see if your mobo has a bios flash upgrade. Barring that, save all your critical data and do a fresh XP install.

I wouldn't even know how to do that. But are you saying the only way to fix this problem is to reformat, to my way of thinking that'd be the last thing to do.

try getting yourself a copy of Driver Cleaner and clean out all your usb drivers, next if your computer is a brand name log to their website and download the USB and chipset drivers for your specific model and reinstall them both, DONT FORGET TO REBOOT and then try it out

if you cant get a copy of driver cleanewr or simply dont know how to use it (misuse WILL cause system failure) then open up your device manager and uninstall the drivers manually

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom