Necessity of Sound Cards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was using the onboard 6channel sound with my 5.1 logitech x530's which i thought sounded great, then i got an X-Fi Xtreme audio card and the sound is so much better, its like when you listen to songs you hear things that you didnt hear before, and my sub has got like twice as much bass, and it just seems alot more "alive" now that ive got this card.

If your going to be dishing out a money for a good soundcard then get a worthy headset or speakers to go with it or you wont get the full quality.

my motherboard's onboard actually sounds better then my 2zs...so thats what I use now.

Its even got an optical input...go figure.

I think it depends on the quality of the motherboards on board sound. Personally I think my Asus A8N-E's built in sound card sounds worst than my old cheap socket A motherboard's sound. Both were running on my Logitech 530 speakers which are pretty good for $50.

I just built a new system and kept my Audigy 2 Value. Still works with my surround speakers and headphones. Doesn't the onboard sound use a small %-age of the CPU power to process? If you are worried about CPU resourses then it may be better to use the Audigy 2 for that reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom