Best LCD monitor for a 8800GTX

Status
Not open for further replies.
The resolution would have been 1368x760, or thereabouts. I went from a 27"lcd monitor/tv to this. It is completely different. This is super HD gaming. Resolution of 2550x1600!! I cannot stress that enough. It looks completely different. I wasn't unhappy with the other monitor, but I could not take advantage of my graphics power at all. I have a 65" big screen tv to watch television. I wanted an amazing monitor for gaming and that is what I got. This thing is unbeatable, period. Unless you don't want 30" of gorgeous gaming pleasure. Until you have seen it in person, don't knock it. :)

another vote from me for the dell 22"

I have one with an 8800 card and it is amazing for games! :D

waytoosmall said:
The resolution would have been 1368x760, or thereabouts. I went from a 27"lcd monitor/tv to this. It is completely different. This is super HD gaming. Resolution of 2550x1600!! I cannot stress that enough. It looks completely different. I wasn't unhappy with the other monitor, but I could not take advantage of my graphics power at all. I have a 65" big screen tv to watch television. I wanted an amazing monitor for gaming and that is what I got. This thing is unbeatable, period. Unless you don't want 30" of gorgeous gaming pleasure. Until you have seen it in person, don't knock it. :)

I actually think larger monitors for PC gaming ( emphasis on PC gaming ) negatively effects gameplay. Sure I myself love a 19 inch, but anything more then that seems to hamper my FPS/RTS skills. My theory on that is that the increased surface area your eyes have to move over slow down response times since it takes a few ms longer to comprehend things. I stick by my theory!

Mutwa said:
I'm kinda in the same boat. Dell has come out with a new 27" monitor with a 6ms gtg response time and 1000:1 contrast ratio. From what I've read, it should come down to $999 from its price of $1399, and knowing dell, that won't be too far off. It has less resolution than the 30" using a max of 1920x1200 which isn't bad. The 30" is cheaper at $1274 but has 700:1 contrast ratio, and 11ms gtg response time.

11ms that blows weenies.
my 200.00 19" benQ is 2ms.
get the lowest response time possible in the size you want.
dell monitors are good, but i hate their guts. lol dont ask why its a long story.
plus, as someone mentioned, viewsonic makes their monitors, so go to newegg and find a viewsonic. you can then slap a dell sticker on it or whatever.
dell is usually more expensive than anyone else on the same components.
i.e. an xfx 8800gts is almost a hundred dollars more from dell than from newegg. and their shipping sucks. and their customer support sucks. the list goes on and on.
although the same monitor ( i think) a 22" 5ms widescreen is a little cheaper from dell. but hurry! limited time offer!

Apokalipse,
a 20.1" ws looks better than a 22" ws because they are the same resolution. you are moving the pixels further apart on a 22" so the picture will look better on the 20.1" with tighter packed pixels...

u should get the benq 20.1" i love mine, very good picture, perfect for gaming. if you spend more thinking thats what u'll get, ur wrong. Resolution is the primary factor for how good a screen will look, followed by grey to grey time (8ms vs. 11ms) and contrast ratio... in that order imho

cwiz said:
Apokalipse,
a 20.1" ws looks better than a 22" ws because they are the same resolution. you are moving the pixels further apart on a 22" so the picture will look better on the 20.1" with tighter packed pixels...
okay, I'll give you that. But, there is an extra two inches of screen; how much bigger are the pixels going to be?

just using a calculator, it works out to be 1.1 times the size. not actually noticable, unless you are actively trying to see the difference.

I prefer to have the two extra inches of screen.

ricanflow said:
If youre gonna spend 1200 on an lcd you might as well get a 40 inch lcd tv and just run it to the pc.

Only the monitor will be better resolution with a finer dot pitch. If your geared towards "bigger is better" than get the lcd tv. If you want image quality and less strain on your eyes get a monitor. Tv's aren't meant to be viewed up close, hence the reason why the dot pitch is bigger. Ill take image quality over size anytime.

And to Rick James, I wish they made a 2ms 30" but I havent found anything close. Only 2ms screens I've seen are 19", which don't cut it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom