parts to get or not to get

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosleyx2004

Solid State Member
Core 2 Duo E6600
8800 GTX
2-4gb DDR2 ram

If anyone can tell me if 4gb of ram is worth it. A lot of time, I always have wow running (I have duel monitors) and would like to be able to play bf2 or something while wow is running in the background once in a while. Also, will this system be able to play crisis and run Vista well? Should I wait till this summer or later till better technology comes out.

by summer there will be even better technology on the corner
but 4gb of ram will not be fully utilized by windows XP
but Vista will

not sure about the wow/bf2 duAl monitor

really no point with the 6600, go with a 6400 and overclock it or something, or go with the 6300, cuzthey are overclocked versions of the e6300 anyways so y not save some money?

Not too many things need 4GB of ram. I would surmise, that in about a year or so... Maybe, but unless you are doing some SERIOUS crunching... (CAD work, Rendering, etc...) would you need that much ram. 2GB is fine.

as for the 6600. good choice. it's the starter that has 4MB L2 cache. I personally have the 6300 and have had no issues with it at all. but I don't do enough to need the extra speed. (I don't do extreme OC'ing)

and the GTX... something new will be out in a few months, so unless you want the "best" for this month, I would suggest getting the GTS and calling it a day. (Which, BTW, I also have and it treats me VERY well while gaming)

If you can wait and want to save some money, the Intel e6320 is gonna come out in a couple months. It's basically the e6300 but with 4mb L2 cache instead of 2mb, same price though supposedly. Then you could overclock it to e6600 speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom