Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i have already got it. i have family that works for M$.

The first thing i noticed was the install takes forever and the installer just sits there for a good 20 minutes doing nothing. The OS itself is fine. it is solid as a rock. Runs fast. We have one test bed machine with Business edition at my school district. and it runs on a conroe powered laptop, but only has 512mb of ram. it runs slow. My best advice is have a gig of ram minimum and its good to have a dual core cpu too.

My specs are in my sig. Ive actually looked at the numbers and Vista uses about 10% less ram than XP does, on the same machine. I think it may be because Aero Glass is hardware accelerated 3D, its almost like it doesn't touch your ram at all, which is really nice.

I found vistas install to be spot on not as annoying as XP and was done in know time. It still uses about 350MB of ram up to maybe 600MB although I have 2 gigs so its not a big deal people with 512 might feel it more though.

baronvongogo said:
I found vistas install to be spot on not as annoying as XP and was done in know time. It still uses about 350MB of ram up to maybe 600MB although I have 2 gigs so its not a big deal people with 512 might feel it more though.

Well I have build 6000 the same that will be retail. im not sure about the beta however. on average on my rig it uses about 420mb ram. So if you had only 512mb then you could feel the squeeze.

bannedv2copy.jpg

now before I wasted 200 bucks at newegg for vista ultimate, tell me if this is true

you can only use vista on one computer. if I fry a motherboard, I would have to buy another copy of vista for the new board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom