can't get into BIOS...

Status
Not open for further replies.
With that error message, I get the black screen, when I press F1 to continue, or when I press DEL to go to the BIOS.

OK, but the problem is, that I don't have a floppy. I was planning on updating through the internet, but I can't even get into the computer. I think I'm going to try putting a jumper on the pins for 5 secs, place the battery back, plug the computer in, and cross my fingers. So can I use the jumpers from a hard drive, because the motherboard did not include one on the pins.

yeah any jumpers will work fine. I would also unplug everything except the graphics card and ram. Also take some ram sticks out mix and match etc to test. Iv read some other posts with similar messages and his was caused by a RAM problem.

Wow I still get the same error and black screens going into the BIOS. Did I do something wrong? I unplugged the computer, took out the battery, put the jumper on the 2 pins for 5 seconds, then put back the battery, plugged it in, and I get that error message.

it still good be a hardware problem maybe the mobo doesnt like your ram timings. try mixing the ram to different DIMM slots or using 1 stick at a time. The black screen is worrying most other posts online about this problem at least manage to get into the BIOS....

So this time do I mix up the ram without doing the battery and pin thing? Or do I do that before mixing up the ram slots. Thank you for replying so fast.

I would give up on resetting the BIOS if thats not working it must be something else. Check how many sticks of ram you have then remove 1 stick turn the pc on. if that doesnt work remove that stick and put the other in. Also make sure to unplug everything except the mobo and graphics.

sigh...no luck. I tried putting both in the orange slots, instead of the blue slots they were previously in. I tried one at a time in the blue slots and the orange slots. Still get the black screen when I press DEL to go to the BIOS. Oh, and theres no graphics card. He's using the onboard. I'm thinking on using some spare ram sticks I have, from another computer, to see if that works.

yeah could be the mobo doesnt like the ram timings. Still the black screen is odd...possible onboard graphics are dead but very unlikly. Have another go at resetting the CMOS lol unplug the pc power cord and leave it a good few minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom